NOTE: no more free T-Mobile web service with keyword hole.
I have been playing around with my new Android 2.2.1 dev phone, trying to port over the free webaccess I am able to get on my old Motorola J2ME feature-phones (Razr V3r, V195s).
Interesting that these two devices have slightly different APN settings. Able to mess around with these settings after using P2KCommander v6 to modify the seem to show the Web Sessions menu and allow setting the default session.
On my V195s:
Name: t-zones Homepage: http://wap.myvoicestream.com Service Type 1: HTTP Proxy 1: 216.155.165.050 Port 1: 8080 Domain 1: [empty] Service Type 2: WAP Proxy 2: 216.155.165.050 Port 2: 9201 Domain 2: [empty] DNS 1: 000.000.000.000 DNS 2: 000.000.000.000 Timeout: 5 minutes CSD No. 1: [empty] User Name 1: [empty] Password 1: [empty] Speed (Bps) 1: 9600 Line Type 1: ISDN CSD No. 1: [empty] User Name 2: [empty] Password 2: [empty] Speed (Bps) 2: 9600 Line Type 2: ISDN GPRS APN: wap.voicestream.com User Name: motV190 Password: motV190
On my Razr V3r everything else is the same except for the username and password:
User Name: motV3 Password: motV3
And from the automatic MCC and MNC detection app I made:
MCC = 310, MNC = 260
I am able to enter all these values into the APN settings on my smartphone, but last time I tried to connect the settings were erased. I suppose I will need to do some setprop shenanigans to re-enter the settings once the T-Mobile tower erases them.
264 words. Post tags: Motorola and T-Mobile.