While this may not be as isolated as some trails in Colorado, never
fear, you are not going to come across tourists once out of the
vicinity of Bear Lake. This is a well maintained trail and there are
great views of the high-alpine landscape as you break through treeline.
Embedded below and linked
McHenrys Peak USGS 2013 quadrature excerpt:
- 5:30am wake. Slept on a second bed at the
Y Estes Park Center.
- 6:30am start via Bear Lake trailhead.
4 other vehicles when we showed up.
- 9:00am summit via Flattop Mountain Trail.
- 9:15am leave summit to convince folks to summit.
- 10:30am leave summit second time after snacking with folks on summit.
- 12:00pm return to car. Can you say tourists? Animal house at this point in the day.
Post tags: RMNP, Estes Park, Colorado, mountain, and trails.
is written by Jason Zerbe and licensed
CC BY-NC 3.0