Fall potluck and I needed a finger food to bring. I had some spices and sweet potatoes lying around.
It is now cold enough for baking and I wanted to try something new.
Sure, you can marinate meat, but why not other absorbent foods?
This serves enough for 8 people as an appetizer.
2 large sweet potatoes
1 anaheim pepper diced
1 jalepeno pepper diced
0.25 cup roasted green chiles
1.5 cup canola/vegetable oil
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
1 or 2 tortilla bags - depending on how confident you are in the 1st bag to not leak
- Peel sweet potatoes. Does not have to be perfect.
- Cut your sweet potatoes the short way such that you end up with circles.
- Cut the sweet potato circles into 3rds or 4ths to get the widths below a finger width.
- Dice your peppers into sizes no bigger than a finger nail.
- Throw all your items in the bag, seal, and give it a good shaking to mix all the spices and oil in with the vegetables.
- Marinate 1-2 days turning every 12 hours.
- Put the contents on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 400F, then broil for 5 minutes to get a brown bordering on black finish.
Post tags: sweet, vegetarian, potatoes, and eats.
is written by Jason Zerbe and licensed
CC BY-NC 3.0